In consideration of being given the opportunity to participate in the programs and activities of the Orlando Rowing Club, Inc.,
referred to as ORC, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. I ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of rowing, dragon boat and related activities, both on
the water and land-based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate.
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that:
- ROWING, DRAGON BOAT AND RELATED ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”);
- these risks may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions , or inactions, of others participating in the programs and activities of ORC, the conditions in which the programs and activities take place, or the negligence of the “releasees” named below;
- there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in ORC programs and activities.
- ORC will not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage to any equipment owned or leased by club members. It shall be the member’s responsibility to provide adequate insurance to cover equipment in the event of loss or damage. Members storing and/or using privately owned or leased equipment shall be liable for any and all damages incurred as a result of moving equipment around, into and out of the boathouse, ORC’s property, the property of the City of Orlando and all related damage or accidents while in the act of rowing.
3. I AGREE AND WARRANT that I shall be cautious and make every effort to safely move equipment between the boathouse, city property and Lake Fairview and report to the ORC Administrative Staff any damage created by myself to my equipment or to ORC’s equipment or equipment owned or leased by ORC members, Women Playing for Time (WPFT) members or the Power 10 Rowing Association.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to hold liable nor sue ORC, its administrators, directors, agents, officers volunteers and employees, and other participants, club organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which ORC activities and programs take place (each considered one of the releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and. I further agree that if, despite this release waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damages, or costs which they may incur as a result of such claim.